Thursday 21 November 2013

Its been a while my friend!

So alot of time has passed since I l uploaded anything on my blog however I have still managed to do a large amount of work it was just finding the time to document it on here which was difficult, so anyway.. since last time I been practicing painting as much as I can and a couple of weeks again I showed Josh a character sheet I had produced in third year of uni so he told me to colour those instead of drawing new ones as they where front facial profiles perfect for colouring

I coloured the three below first in slightly different styles, despite the sickly colours each was produced in a matter of minutes, some with the line work merged into the colour and all done with the tonal detail being a lowered opacity solid black shading


After these I practed more as the character sheet consisted of about 20 creatures faces and below are the results..


The largest one from these was the best piece of digital painting I had done so far oddly, by blending the colours into the linework and highlighting ebrow ridges with solid coloured lines and also the implementation of apposing colours to compliment it I was shocked by the depth this image had and now Im aiming to achieve this with all future works

I also key pointed the stages I went through while colouring these faces for future references

No comments:

Post a Comment